Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 76

Thread: alright forum snoops

  1. #11
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: alright forum snoops

    Uhhh no, its not a very good time for those people, but I would hope someone is glad they got out of that lifestyle instead of being caught in it.

    I'll say it, I'm glad when they do it, and I'm glad the names are out there. It's not bashing peoples goof ups, because none of us are perfect, but the old keeping everything hush-hush doesn't really help either.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: alright forum snoops

    but publishing peoples name in a paper is pretty lame, why publicize it?
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: alright forum snoops

    you do the crime, you should be embarassed and have your name published. It should make you feel like complete crap, and when you were doing it on the "hush-hush", and now your entire family, the community, everyone knows.
    I'm all for this, putting names in papers when they put out a bust.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: alright forum snoops

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Burrhead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe they need a friend right now Mr. "live at the foot of the cross." You beat all I've ever seen. Quit bad mouthing people's goof- ups and try to be positive. I'll get bashed over this, but this needs to be addressed. </div></div>

    If you've got something to bash I_D over, do it via PM. I don't wanna hear it for the trillionth time and I'm pretty sure the rest of the board isn't interested either. There--I addressed it.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Burrhead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're always one of the first ones who comments on these busts. Since I've been in their shoes, It's not a very good time for these people.</div></div>

    When you commit a crime against society, society deserves to know and it becomes public record eventually--so thusly it's newsworthy. If you don't like it, maybe said offenders should have thought about their good name being sullied in the first place before they broke the law. It's not the getting the acts published in the paper that makes these people look bad, it's the acts that did it in the first place.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: alright forum snoops

    While I agree with you in principle, there are others who get hurt by printing names in the paper...they are the close relatives of the people, especially their children. These are merely indictments, and not convictions. Printing the names presents a stigma to be faced by the friends, family, and children of these people...and I just think it's unfair to subject them to the humiliation the supposed offenders are subjected to...especially when the named haven't been convicted of anything yet. It's just not the way to go IMO.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  6. #16
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: alright forum snoops

    Perhaps said offenders should have thought about their children and family members before they started committing felonies.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: alright forum snoops

    Once they are found guilty, print the names...until then, it's not right. If you were a child of one of the folks printed in the paper yesterday, would you want to face that stigma at school and everywhere else? It isn't punishment to the "offender" at that point...it's punishment to those that know and love them. Until they are convicted, their names shouldn't even come up.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  8. #18
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: alright forum snoops

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While I agree with you in principle, there are others who get hurt by printing names in the paper...they are the close relatives of the people, especially their children. These are merely indictments, and not convictions. Printing the names presents a stigma to be faced by the friends, family, and children of these people...and I just think it's unfair to subject them to the humiliation the supposed offenders are subjected to...especially when the named haven't been convicted of anything yet. It's just not the way to go IMO.</div></div>

    It's not the printing of the names in the paper that embarrasses the family/friends/children of those named, it's the act of the people who committed the crimes that got their name in the paper that embarrasses the people. The crime is the focus, not the spontaneous publicity.

    For example--if someone just randomly listed my name with 20 others in the paper for something not necessarily positive--but not a crime...or even just a speeding ticket, then do I blame the paper for publishing my name and embarrassing my family? Or should I man up and tell my family I'm sorry for what I did and embarrassing them?

    By the same token, if my name were posted in the paper for something positive, is my family going to thank me immensely for bettering the family's name--and will people in society thusly expect more out of my family? No. The most that'd likely be said by someone is "Hey, I saw you in the paper". Big whoop.

    If they didn't want to do the time, they shouldn't have done the crime. The paper isn't the one offending family/friends/children by printing this, it's the person committing the crime who offends.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: alright forum snoops

    The thought is right, but the premise is wrong. These people aren't guilty yet....they haven't been tried.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  10. #20
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: alright forum snoops

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Once they are found guilty, print the names...until then, it's not right. If you were a child of one of the folks printed in the paper yesterday, would you want to face that stigma at school and everywhere else? It isn't punishment to the "offender" at that point...it's punishment to those that know and love them. Until they are convicted, their names shouldn't even come up.</div></div>

    If the parent puts themself in a shady situation to even get charged w/anything in these busts, it's on them. Regardless of conviction, they're doing something to aid the ongoing criminal practices--otherwise the cops wouldn't be taking them in. Once again--the parent doesn't need to be partaking in said activities if they're so concerned about their name being in the paper and embarrassing their kids.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •